I've been seeking to simplify my life the past few weeks due to a small little physical problem. It has slowed me down just a bit so I've held to my basic money saving daily routines but haven't been able to add anything new that is physically taxing. God knows when we are weakened by circumstances. I remind myself that He is my source.. not my strength. Ultimately, God is the One who meets my needs! And He does it so powerfully well!
I pray, "Give us THIS DAY our DAILY bread".. as Jesus commanded. My eyes look to Him... my Provider!
1. I wash my own car which saves 7-9 dollars. This week I tried to use only 2 buckets full of water. Normally I will put a spray nozzle on the end of the hose to rinse and use one bucket of water with soap to wash. I wasn't sure that one bucket of rinse water would be enough but it was. I even had a little water left over.
2. I was short one egg in a recipe so I added water to make up for the missing egg and the recipe turned out just fine.
3. Our artichoke plants have small black flies on the leaves. My daughter in love read that you could make a fly trap by using a yellow plastic bag with Vaseline rubbed on it. I placed several on a stake made from a wire clothes hanger. They ain't pretty but have already attracted many flies. *smile*
4. One morning we went out and discovered that snails had munched on quite a few of our vegetable plants. We were not happy campers! My daughter in love had also read (she is a wealth of information when it comes to gardening) that you can make up a concoction of yeast, sugar and water to attract the snail. I dug a small hole and made the container level with the dirt so the snail would fall in and drown as he drinks. I haven't found any dead snails in the water yet. Maybe they are partaking in small sips and then crawling off feeling very satisfied and full. hehe!!
5. I finished 2 crocheted potholders for Mother's Day gifts. I have 2 dishcloths that are finished and just need to be tied off.
6. I've gone back to turning off the shower water while using the soap to save on water since the weather is getting warmer.
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Matthew 6:25-26
How did you save money in your home this week? I sure appreciate learning new things from you!