I'm hunting for Comfrey seeds. I read an article on how to make homemade fertilizer from comfrey seeds. I haven't found any seeds locally.. but I'm a huntin'!
My 'grey water project' is almost complete. I purchased a large garbage can tonight and hope to have the project finished this weekend. Hopefully I'll have pictures to show you next week.
Here are a few ways I saved money this week:
1. I forgot to buy soy sauce at the dollar store but remembered I had some small packets I had saved from Chinese take out. I also used the packets of red pepper flakes that I saved from take out pizza to use in my stir fry.
2. I made homemade tartar sauce for our fish sticks. I had some left over so I used it for salad dressing.
3. I planted some free garlic bulbs that my daughter in love shared with me.
4. I planted 2 tomato plants that my neighbor shared with me.
5. I received a survey invite from Savemart with my receipt. I decided to give it a try. The survey only took a few minutes and I received a free $5 giftcard. The timing was perfect because they had #10 bags of chicken legs and thighs on sale for .58 a pound. I'll definitely be doing their surveys again.
|Miss Sassy! Doesn't that look on her face say it all?|
7. I finally got around to emptying the 2012 receipt files. I had some sticky name tags so I placed it over the writing so I can reuse the files for 2013.
I always love reading how you saved money. What did you do this week in your home?
.. aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands ..1 Thess. 4:11 ESV