I'm looking forward to starting our Advent reading this Sunday. All the decorations are up. I got rid of a lot of tubs because we just don't have room for them in our new little 'cottage'. Decorating goes much faster when you use less STUFF. *smile*
Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
1. I went through the house and unplugged cords to appliances and gadgets I don't use daily. I've read that you lose electricity even when you're not using the appliance.
2. I started using one extra dishpan to soak and rinse dishes instead of using the faucet to rinse off the dishes.
3. I washed, dried and saved several freezer bags to reuse. (they did not have meat or cheese in them previously).
4. Our Christmas tree would not fit in our home so we got rid of it after we moved in. My mom had a small 3 foot tree that she wasn't using so instead of buying a new one we were thankful to receive hers. I'm not sure how many years it will last because it's shedding.. but I'm not sure how many years I'll last.. so I'm thankful to have a free tree this year. :-)
5. My husband loves Earl Grey Tea. I found it at the dollar store and he likes it so the difference will save me $1.25.
6. I saved the plastic wrap I used to wrap waffles to freeze. I'll reuse it for the next batch.
7. Instead of using the dryer this week while it's raining I've found ways to hang my clothes up in the garage, under the patio and on racks in the house.
8. I'm saving small pieces of Christmas paper as I'm wrapping gifts. I run it through the shredder and then save it to use in gift bags instead of tissue paper. Waste not, want not. :-)
9. I was interested in purchasing 2 devotionals but found them free online.
10. I found a book at the library that I had originally wanted to purchase. I'm glad that I didn't buy it because once I got it home I discovered I did not like it. I use the library a lot. While I was there I checked out there computers. Someday I may need to cancel our monthly internet and I think I could easily use the library's computers instead.
There's more but I'll save it for next week. What did you do this week to save money in your home?
Check out Frugal Friday over at Life as Mom