Serves about 13 dozen crackers.(I didn't get nearly this many).
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, traditional or white whole wheat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- additional salt for topping (Optional)
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment.
3. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. (I had already taken one ball out to roll). Keep the other pieces covered while you work with one at a time.
Trim the dough to even the edges and use a pizza cutter or as sharp knife to cut the piece into squares approximately 1 1/2 inches wide. Transfer squares to a prepared baking sheet using a spatula; you can crowd them together, as they don't expand while baking. Sprinkle squares lightly with salt, if desired.